This post was originally published here.
James Lan is currently a portfolio manager at a local fund management firm based at the center of Bangkok’s financial district. James is responsible for flow and fund management businesses and has 6 years of trading experience.
Some of the valuable insights James shared:
- Communication and soft skills are very important in the finance industry. You need to be able to communicate your ideas.
- It’s not just about reading books. It’s also about your experience and mindset.
- Have a good trading mindset to stay persistent in your trade and to have conviction in your trade.
- To succeed in finance, work on your mindset first, then have a good understanding of risk and then learn about trading.
- You also need to have good risk management strategies.
- Incentive alone is not enough to propel you long into a career in finance. You also need interest and passion.
- Trade is not just about numbers it’s an art as well.
- Learn new skills that will be relevant in future.
Join the Bootcamp for Valuation!
The Valuation Master Class is the complete, proven, step-by-step course to guide you from novice to valuation expert.
Save US$50 with coupon code: get-smarter
DISCLAIMER: This content is for information purposes only. It is not intended to be investment advice. Readers should not consider statements made by the author(s) as formal recommendations and should consult their financial advisor before making any investment decisions. While the information provided is believed to be accurate, it may include errors or inaccuracies. The author(s) cannot be held liable for any actions taken as a result of reading this article.