- We analyzed on average 11,000 companies in 10 sectors to understand how ROIC for a company changes over time
- We hypothesized that it is almost impossible for a firm to maintain a high level of profitability forever, neither to have losses forever
- The results show that very profitable firms decrease in profitability and low profitability firms increase in profitability
- Over a decade we can’t see a complete mean reversion but the profitability regresses toward the mean
- In other words, Stars tend to remain Stars and Dogs tend to stay Dogs
DISCLAIMER: This content is for information purposes only. It is not intended to be investment advice. Readers should not consider statements made by the author(s) as formal recommendations and should consult their financial advisor before making any investment decisions. While the information provided is believed to be accurate, it may include errors or inaccuracies. The author(s) cannot be held liable for any actions taken as a result of reading this article.