Andrew appeared on Bloomberg Markets yesterday discussing the ongoing protests in Thailand, and the potential impact on the currently weak Thai economy. You can see the full interview from Bloomberg and a few key points below.
A few key points
- Political chaos to push foreigners further away from Thai stocks
- Foreigners have already pulled over US$9bn from domestic equities in 2020
- Protest adds further to uncertainty in weak Thai Economy
- Thai rates likely to stay low
- Thai staples should remain resilient
- Packaging should benefit from growing consumer spending
DISCLAIMER: This content is for information purposes only. It is not intended to be investment advice. Readers should not consider statements made by the author(s) as formal recommendations and should consult their financial advisor before making any investment decisions. While the information provided is believed to be accurate, it may include errors or inaccuracies. The author(s) cannot be held liable for any actions taken as a result of reading this article.