Watch the video with Andrew Stotz or read a summary below. This post focuses on market basics of five select markets in Asia.
Top 3 Sectors Account for 60% of Market Cap in Philippines, Pakistan, and Vietnam
- The Philippines has the largest concentration of market cap in the top 3 sectors
- In Pakistan and Vietnam, the consumer sectors account for almost 30% of total market cap
- Only in Thailand, Financials are less than 20% of market cap
India Has the Largest Number of Listings While Thailand Is the Most Liquid Market
- A liquid stock is defined as over US$250 million market cap and at least US$1 million average daily turnover (ADTO)
- India has the most number of listings by far
- Thailand has the largest share of liquid stocks
DISCLAIMER: This content is for information purposes only. It is not intended to be investment advice. Readers should not consider statements made by the author(s) as formal recommendations and should consult their financial advisor before making any investment decisions. While the information provided is believed to be accurate, it may include errors or inaccuracies. The author(s) cannot be held liable for any actions taken as a result of reading this article.