Only Thailand and Taiwan Showed Positive USD Returns in 9M18
- In 1H18, Taiwan had been most resilient and the Philippines had performed the worst
- Overall, Asian markets fell in 9M18 and only two markets saw positive returns in terms of USD
- Most countries saw their currencies weakening against the USD, the exception being Thailand
- Thailand improved to being the top-performing market in Asia compared to being #7 in 1H18
- China saw a large fall in 3Q18 and ranked #8 in Asia versus #2 in 1H18
- Indonesia and the Philippines remained the worst performing markets also in 9M18
DISCLAIMER: This content is for information purposes only. It is not intended to be investment advice. Readers should not consider statements made by the author(s) as formal recommendations and should consult their financial advisor before making any investment decisions. While the information provided is believed to be accurate, it may include errors or inaccuracies. The author(s) cannot be held liable for any actions taken as a result of reading this article.