Company: Manila Electric Company
Bloomberg ticker: MER PM
Market cap: US$8,051m
Background: Manila Electric Company aka Meralco engages in the generation and distribution of electricity. The principal business of Meralco is the distribution and sale of electric energy through its distribution network facilities in its franchise area. The Company’s market is categorized into four classes namely, residential, commercial, industrial, and streetlights. Meralco sources the electricity it distributes from eight power suppliers including the Philippine Electricity Market Corporation.
World Class Benchmarking of Manila Electric Company
- Profitable Growth rank of 1 was up compared to the prior period’s 2nd rank
- This is World Class performance compared to 280 large Utilities companies worldwide
- Profitability rank of 1 was better than its Growth rank of 4
- Profitability rank of 1 was up compared to the prior period’s 2nd rank
- This is World Class performance compared to peers
- Growth rank of 4 was up compared to the prior period’s 5th rank
- This is above average performance compared to peers
DISCLAIMER: This content is for information purposes only. It is not intended to be investment advice. Readers should not consider statements made by the author(s) as formal recommendations and should consult their financial advisor before making any investment decisions. While the information provided is believed to be accurate, it may include errors or inaccuracies. The author(s) cannot be held liable for any actions taken as a result of reading this article.