Company: Grameenphone Limited
RIC code: GRAE.DH
Market cap: US$5,216m
Background: Grameenphone Limited is the largest mobile telecommunications operator in Bangladesh in terms of revenue, coverage and subscriber base. The shareholding structure comprises of mainly two sponsor Shareholders namely Telenor Mobile Communications AS (55.80%) and Grameen Telecom (34.20%). The rest 10.00% shareholding includes General public & other Institutions. The company operates a digital mobile telecommunications network based on the GSM standard in the 900 MHz, 1800 MHz and 2100 Mhz frequency bands, under license granted by the Bangladesh Telecommunication Regulatory Commission (BTRC).
World Class Benchmarking of Grameenphone
- Profitable Growth rank of 1 was same compared to the prior period’s 1st rank
- This is World Class performance compared to 130 large Telecom companies worldwide
- Profitability rank of 1 was better than its Growth rank of 4
- Profitability rank of 1 was the same compared to the prior period’s 1st rank
- This is World Class performance compared to peers
- Growth rank of 4 was down compared to the prior period’s 3rd rank
- This is above average performance compared to peers
DISCLAIMER: This content is for information purposes only. It is not intended to be investment advice. Readers should not consider statements made by the author(s) as formal recommendations and should consult their financial advisor before making any investment decisions. While the information provided is believed to be accurate, it may include errors or inaccuracies. The author(s) cannot be held liable for any actions taken as a result of reading this article.