EPS Forecasts Have Been Less Accurate in China Compared to the Global Average
- The chart above is based on the same methodology laid out in An Empirical Study of Financial Analysts Earnings Forecast Accuracy
- Globally, analysts have on average been 22% wrong in their EPS forecasts
- Chinese analysts have been more inaccurate on average at 40%
- Remember, YAAW! You Are Always Wrong!
EPS Forecasts in China, Least Accurate in Telecoms, Most Accurate in Health Care
- Telecoms and Materials were off by about 60%
- Health Care off by 20%
- Note: Since Telecoms only consisted of two major companies this result could be unreliable
DISCLAIMER: This content is for information purposes only. It is not intended to be investment advice. Readers should not consider statements made by the author(s) as formal recommendations and should consult their financial advisor before making any investment decisions. While the information provided is believed to be accurate, it may include errors or inaccuracies. The author(s) cannot be held liable for any actions taken as a result of reading this article.