Company: Sheng Siong Group Limited
Bloomberg ticker: SSG SP
Market cap: US$1,674m
Background: Sheng Siong Group Limited is the third-largest supermarket chain in Singapore. It provides low-cost essential products to mass-market consumers through its no-frills approach. SSG had 64 outlets in Singapore’s heartlands, and 4 in Kunming, China as of 2021. The company derives all of its revenue from supermarket operations.
World Class Benchmarking of Sheng Siong Group
- Profitable Growth rank of 1 was same compared to the prior period’s 1st rank
- This is World Class performance compared to 580 large Cons. Staples companies worldwide
- Profitability rank of 1 was better than its Growth rank of 7
- Profitability rank of 1 was the same compared to the prior period’s 1st rank
- This is World Class performance compared to peers
- Growth rank of 7 was down compared to the prior period’s 2nd rank
- This is below average performance compared to peers
DISCLAIMER: This content is for information purposes only. It is not intended to be investment advice. Readers should not consider statements made by the author(s) as formal recommendations and should consult their financial advisor before making any investment decisions. While the information provided is believed to be accurate, it may include errors or inaccuracies. The author(s) cannot be held liable for any actions taken as a result of reading this article.