- This study looked at companies listed anywhere in the world over the past 18 years until 2017, in 2017 it included 17,159 non-financial companies
- Over the past 18 years, the gross profit margin among non-financials averaged about 28%
- Telecoms have had the highest gross profit margin, Utilities the lowest
- This table constitutes a good sector benchmark when evaluating a company’s gross profit margin
- It also highlights structural differences across sectors in terms of where costs are allocated
DISCLAIMER: This content is for information purposes only. It is not intended to be investment advice. Readers should not consider statements made by the author(s) as formal recommendations and should consult their financial advisor before making any investment decisions. While the information provided is believed to be accurate, it may include errors or inaccuracies. The author(s) cannot be held liable for any actions taken as a result of reading this article.